Contact Me

My photo
United States
For product reviews, please e-mail me at veganisreasonable@gmail.com

Friday, July 15, 2011

Pregnancy Typical Food-in-a-Day

Here is an overview of what I typically eat since I became aware that I am baby-making. I buy organic and local whenever possible.

Half of prenatal vitamins and Omega-3 pills

Breakfast

  • Morning Smoothie- I have made some changes to this. I wrote about the sweetener in the last post. I also had to get rid of the maca powder and flax oil because they could be harmful to Baby Squiggles.
  • Sometimes: a bowl of cereal or, if I don't feel well, crackers or pretzels
Snack

Lunch (some combination of):
  • Hummus with spinach or carrots
  • Apple or other fruit
  • Pretzels, crackers and cheese, chips
  • Thai noodle soup in a package
  • Leftovers
  • Mac and cheese or cheesy potatoes (I need to cut these habits)
Snack

Dinner (some combination of):
  • Pasta (I never used to eat this but it is good for getting calories in. I try for whole grain)
  • Gardein something
  • Take-out
  • Homemade pizza
  • Soup
  • Curry Chickpeas
  • Homemade stir fry or fried rice or rice noodles
  • French fries and Gardein 'chicken' tenders
  • Steamed veggies like brocolli or green beans
  • Garlic mashed potatoes (used to not eat potatoes but I am for the potassium) 
  • Near East whole grain blend
  • Lentils, quinoa, brown rice
Fruit or Smoothie for Dessert

Half of prenatal vitamins and Omega-3 pills

Snacks include but are not limited to: hummus, spinach, carrots, tortilla chips, hummus chips, potato chips, pretzels, Triscuits, cheese, pickles (major craving), fruit especially berries, homemade trail mix, sunflower seeds, almonds, bowl of cereal, granola bars (always in my purse), croutons

Restaurants
  • Arby's- I've gotten curly fries twice :o(
  • Indian- ohhh yesss
  • Chinese- variety
  • Chipotle- veggie burrito with rice, lettuce, and black beans
  • Sandwich shop- whole wheat roll with cheese, spinach, and avocado (mmm)
Drinks:

  • Always water
  • Small glass of OJ 
  • Nothing else!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you've already checked something like this out, Dr. Brewer's pregnanct diet? http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id26.html

    ReplyDelete