Contact Me

My photo
United States
For product reviews, please e-mail me at veganisreasonable@gmail.com

Friday, July 22, 2011

Pregnancy Update


How far along? 17 weeks

Due Date:  December 30 (for now)

Total weight gain/loss:
 4 lbs total gained 
That I know of. My doctor does not want me to check my weight on my own so I only find out once a month.

Maternity clothes? Yes, almost entirely! Just packed up a ton of regular clothes. Funny story: Had a surprise job interview and had to wear maternity clothes. My suits no longer fit and what I wore was not dressy enough. Also, I did not want to it be apparent that I'm pregnant. I think I pulled it off!

Sleep: I don't even look forward to it anymore. The good news is that whereas in the first trimester I felt that I need 11 hrs of sleep a night and a nap, I now do not nap and sleep about 8.5- 9 hrs. After reading this article last week, I am terrified of sleeping anywhere but my left side and do it absolutely exclusively. It's not fun, very uncomfortable and painful on my left hip.

Best moment this week: Possibly feeling movement, getting crib in the mail, ordering a couple of cloth diapers, lots of nesting!

Movement: Maybe!! Definitely a few feelings that may have been the baby but it's so hard to tell! Sometimes bubbles, twice a thump.

Food cravings: None

Food aversions: None

Symptoms: New big one this week is (I think) sciatic nerve pain. Oww! Starts at my lower back above my right butt cheek and radiates down the thigh. Either caused by baby position or a slipped disc. I am waiting to discuss with the doctor until my 20 week apt., but I don't think anything will be done about it. Making it difficult to exercise.
  
Gender:
 Biding my time until August 12, Squiggles had better get in a good position!

Labor Signs: Absolutely not. No Braxton Hicks even.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Clear skin, freedom of sleep

What I am looking forward to: More movement, setting up the nursery as pieces trickle in, visiting friends and family (we are close with very few people we live near unfortunately)
  
Milestones: Possibly feeling movement

No comments:

Post a Comment