Contact Me

My photo
United States
For product reviews, please e-mail me at veganisreasonable@gmail.com

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mostly Vegan Grocery Haul and Meal Plans

To be accountable, I am posting what I bought at one grocery shopping trip. I went to Shoppers which is my least favorite- less organic and vegan and local than Food Lion and the organic store- but it was convenient for where I had to run errands.

Our breakfasts and lunches are on our own, but here is what we will eat for dinner this week, along with salads hopefully. All meals are vegan except the pesto pasta will have parmesan cheese.

  • Pesto Pasta with Peas 
  • Indian Chickpeas with Rice and Samosas
  • Broccoli, Mashed Potatoes, Morning Star 'Chikn' Strips
  • Veggie Stir Fry with Brown Rice
  • Falafel
  • Veggie Risotto
  • Potato and Avocado Tacos 
Vegan stuff for lunches and snacks. Potato chips, bbq potato chips,  rice noodles, triscuits, tons o' hummus, wraps.

A ridiculous amount of dairy. Really unhealthy.The Annie's are from Target- everything else I bought there was not food.  Unfortunately, no dairy within hours of where I live is organic or other more pleasant labels. Cheddar, provolone, parmesan, and port wine cheese, cheddar crackers, cheesy potatoes.

The produce at our particular store is not so great in quality or selection but here is what I was able to get. Squash, broccoli, green onions, baby spinach, button mushrooms, green beans, russet potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, onion, corn

Other things. It was hard to find good fruit but I got blueberries, bananas, and a lime. The tortillas are for tacos and I was out of canola oil, though I usually like to get the Spectrum brand.

What I needed for this week and could not find or could not find in good quality. Bummer that I have to use gas to go to another store but so be it. I would love to get more things from the farmer's market but we keep going out of town when those occur.
  • Veggie broth
  • Peas
  • Lettuce
  • Whole grain pasta
  • Low-sodium tortilla chips
  • Ginger
  • Avocados
  • Strawberries, pears, peaches
  • Asparagus
  • Pita bread


No comments:

Post a Comment