Adjustments to Smoothie Ingredients
*Original ingredients in black.
*Changes in purple.
*Original smoothie recipe posted here.
- Half of a banana
- 1/2 c. non-animal milk (I've used hemp, almond, soy, rice, and coconut water)
- 1-2 tbsp. flax oil
- Not anymore
- 1 tbsp. raw maca powder
- Not anymore (this may be unsafe for pregnancy)
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- Not anymore. Instead, I use a squirt of Santa Cruz's organic vegan chocolate sauce. This doubles as a sweetener, which comes from invert sugar.
- 2 tbsp. protein powder (This is half a serving. I use Hemp.)
- Why did I ever use half a serving?! I am using 4 tablespoons, the full serving, now.
- 1 tbsp. agave
- Not anymore! (Could cause contractions) I have used a few drops of stevia or just the Santa Cruz chocolate sauce.
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- I have stopped using any coconut oil. I decided I want to get those calories from elsewhere in my diet.
- 1 tbsp. nut butter (sunflower, almond, whatever)
- Sometimes 2 tbsp. if I feel I need a protein boost.
- Bunch of greens! (Kale, spinach)
- When kale is out of season, I can only buy it in these big bags that go bad before I can use it all. So, when kale is out of season, I stick to organic baby spinach in those little containers.
- At least three ice cubes. I use seven, thick like a milkshake.
- I have been using 6 ice cubes for a while now
- Optional: ground flax, Spirulina
- I usually put in 1/4 teaspoon of Spirulina, no ground flax