Contact Me

My photo
United States
For product reviews, please e-mail me at veganisreasonable@gmail.com

Monday, April 18, 2011

Earth Day Festivities, Vegan-Style

Happy Belated Earth Day!

I hope you all got some vitamin-D and celebrating something outdoors.


I went to my county's Earth Day Festival. I am so excited that this even exists! I live in a very rural area and I was surprised that these folks got together for anything but the county fair. Most of the vendors were just local businesses. The only Earth-related things were representatives from state the local nature centers and some conservation groups (I live by the Chesapeake Bay). Nothing related to food that is Earth-friendly. We did get vegan organic lunch from the kitchen at a nearby grocery store- quinoa salad.

Our day started with a trip to the organic grocery because they were giving away free bags. The best find of a day:

These bananas!!! 
  • Organic
  • Fair Trade
  • $1.09 / lb!!
So people and the Earth were treated fairly in the making of these noms. The only problem left is the gas it took to fly them in from Ecuador :o/

I also got a baby bok choy plant from a local organic farmer. Looking forward to some light stir fries this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment