Contact Me

My photo
United States
For product reviews, please e-mail me at veganisreasonable@gmail.com

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Vegan is Fun!

Hi! I am Julia and I'm excited to start a vegan blog. I have been an avid vegan blog reader since last summer and thought I would share my own experiences.

My Diet Background in a Nutshell-

I became vegetarian when I was 12, but I occasionally ate seafood. I became anemic and ate chicken for a couple of months in college to be 'healthier' (stupid college cafeteria lack of vegetarian iron and prot). I have always tried to avoid eggs in anything. For the past three years, I have eaten zero meat or eggs and very little dairy. For the past three months, I have eaten zero meat, eggs, or dairy. I am transitioning into a completely vegan diet and more slowly into an intentionally vegan lifestyle. I may still include some honey in my diet, not sure. I know it takes time to restock a pantry and wardrobe and what not so I'm doing what I can as I can.

What I Expect to Write About-
  • Recipes
  • Reviews: food, kitchen stuff, books, restaurants
  • Reviews: bath/shower/body products, health and beauty products (I'm obsessed with LUSH!)
  • Gardening/growing food
  • Nutrition/supplements
  • Benefits of veganism
  • Controversies within the vegan sphere
...basically the 'why' and 'how' behind my veganism. Please know up front I am not evangelistic about this. Put briefly, it is mostly for my health and also for environmental reasons. To me, vegan makes sense and is fun and delicious! I have never felt healthier! It's the best and I learned a lot of what I know from vegan blogs, so here I go paying it forward! Like all things, it should be an informed personal decision.

Thanks for reading! Please comment! I am a n00b blogger and vegan so most anything would be constructive. I'd love to get some discussion going. 


No comments:

Post a Comment